Our most common question answered….how does casa work?
As a CASA volunteer you will:
- Provide a consistent presence for the child and family.
- Help find, engage, and strengthen a support network for the child and family.
- Address mental, physical, and education needs, while helping keep children connected to their culture and cultural identity and advocating to keep families connected and together when safe and possible.
In addition, you are:
- Willing to commit at least a year of your time (an average of 10-15 hours per month)
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Willing to participate in 30+ hours of in-depth initial training and 12 hours of annual continuing education
- Able to pass criminal and CPS history background checks
- Over age 21
CASA volunteers are members of the community that want to make a difference, folks just like YOU.
Every Child Has a Chance – It’s YOU!