Visit this page for more information about signing up for the E-Learning portion of the training course.
Already have an account? Login here!
- Texas CASA’s Learning Center Resources for Volunteers archives
- Child Mind Institute – The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
- Advocacy In Action – this resource from the National CASA Association presents timely and relevant topics thought a series of Issue Briefs focused on improving safety, permanency and well-being.
looking for information about a specific topic?
Activities for Children & Families | Aging Out | CFE | Cultural Competence | Department of Family & Protective Services | Drug & Alcohol Advocacy Resources | Education | Homelessness | Local Resources & Mental Health | Nutrition | Parenting & Physical Health | Stress, Trauma & Adverse Childhood Experiences | Texas Abuse Hotline
- Call the Texas Abuse Hotline (1-800-252-5400) if your situation is urgent and needs to be investigated within 24 hours.
- Call 911 or your local law enforcement agency if you have an emergency or life-threatening situation that must be dealt with immediately
- Complete forms online ***do not use the website to report urgent or emergency situations – call the hotline or 911***
- Learn more about CFE – Collaborative Family Engagement is an exciting new initiative at CASA of Galveston County.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Secondary Traumatic Stress
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES)
- How severe, ongoing stress can affect a child’s brain
- The Body Remembers
- Treating Childhood Trauma
- Relational Trauma and Traumawise Care
- 10 Things to say instead of “Stop Crying”
- Trauma Informed Schools for Children in K-12: A Systems Framework
- Building a Trauma-Informed Child Welfare System
- The Trauma Stewardship Institute
- Child Trauma Academy
- Children and Youth Services Directory
- NAMI Resource Directory
- NAMI Resource and Crisis Manual
- UTMB Community Resource Directory
- Texas Mental Health Guide
- Teen Health Center
- Mental Health – Innovative Alternatives Brochure English, Spanish
- Victim Assistance Program
- Social Emotional Learning
- On the Road Lending Program Information – English Brochure, Spanish Brochure
- HHSC’s Medical Transportation Program Information
- St. Vincent’s House
- Psycho-pharmacology for Children in Substitute Care
- Gulf Coast Center | Santa Fe Outreach Program Flyer – English – Spanish | Harvey Support Services Program
- All Kids SAFE
- Helping Through Intervention and Prevention (HIP) Program Brochure
- Helping Through Intervention Website
- Healthy Texas Women
- Teen Health Center
- NPR – Why do Children in Foster Care Become Pregnant at a Much Higher Rate?
- Texas Health Steps Benefits | Texas Health Steps Medical Periodicity Schedule
- Superior Health
- Children at Risk’s Center for Parenting and Family Well-Being – Smart Parents
- ParentingHelp Dropboxes – Referral Forms & Flyers | Newsletter Archive
- CPS Rights of Children and Youth in Foster Care
- Ombudsman Foster Care Facility Flyer
- 28 Ways to Help CPS – Faith Based Unit
- Kinship Manual
- Child Protective Services Handbook
- Minimum Standards for Child Placing Agencies
- Foster and Adoptive Home (FAD) Resource Guide
- Placement Process Resource Guide
- CPS Texas Law Help Toolkit
- SDM Safety and Risk Assessment Manual
- Adoption or PMC
- The Trevor Project
- LGBTQ Resources for Child Welfare Professionals
- Serving LGBTQ Youth in Out-of-Home Care
- Aging-Out Seminar Curriculum 2017
- Extended Foster Care
- PAL Training Schedule 2018-2019
- PAL Overview January 2019
- Educational Advocacy Guidebook (2018 Update)
- Texas Higher Education Foster Care Liaisons | Texas Foster Care Liasons | Galveston County Foster Care Liasons
- DFPS Education Specialists by Region
- Foster Care & Student Success
- The Texas Blueprint: Transforming Education Outcomes for Children & Youth in Foster Care
- Information Sharing Between Child Welfare and Schools
- Behavioral Health School Discipline and Trauma
- Special Education and Students in Foster Care
- Transition Planning Guide for Students in Foster Care Receiving Special Education Services 2017
- Road to College- Texas Foster Youth and Post-Secondary Education
- Tuition and Fee Waiver Information Video
- Texas Foster Care Tuition & Fee Waiver Process
- Intellectual Development Disorder Basics
- Clothing help through the Assistance League of the Bay Area
- Calvin Vincent Early Childhood Center Pre- K
- Galveston County Health District – Healthy Eating Active Living
- Odyssey Academy “Lettuce Eat” Food Market
- Galveston Children’s Museum | Flyer | *ask about reduced price for children in foster care!
- Rosenberg Library Kids Events
- Helen Hall Library Kids Events
View all scheduled in-services on our events calendar
Explore topics on CASA’s E-Learning
looking to learn about a specific topic?
- CFE Trainings – Collaborative Family Engagement is an exciting new initiative at CASA of Galveston County
- Nadine Burke Harris TED Talk
- Texas Victim Assistance Training (TVAT)
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Safety Training
- Building Trauma-Informed Services for Children, Youth, and Parents Impacted by Domestic Violence
- TBRI An Overview: Putting the Pieces Together
- CASA College e-Learning Trauma-Informed Advocacy for Children and Youth in Foster Care
- TBRI for Teachers
- How to Implement Trauma-informed Care to Build Resilience to Childhood Trauma
- Nadine Burke Harris & Toxic Stress
- Recommended Reading List – view a list of books that we recommend for in-service training hours
- If you read a book or watch a movie, record answers to these questions on Optima to earn credit:
Who was your favorite character? Why?
Who was your least favorite character? Why?
Did you like the ending? Why or why not?
How does this relate to your work as a CASA advocate?
What is one thing from this book or movie that you can take with you into your role as an advocate?
- Bias Free Advocacy
- Supporting LGBTQ Youth in Child Welfare
- Serving LGBTQ Youth: Promising Practices in Adoption and Foster Care
- Advocating for Undocumented Youth
- Latin American Children’s Extraordinary Support (LACES)
- Josh Shipp TED Talk
- Podcast: Engaging Youth in Foster Care
- National Reunification Month: Innovative Practices to Promote Unification